Working together is key to supporting children’s learning and development. At Shepperton Organic Day Nursery we appreciate, as parents, that you are your childs primary carer and first educator and with that in mind we want you to be involved in all aspects of your childs learning.
Partnership with parents
Effective, open and honest communication is imperative to helping your child achieve their full potential. By working together and using your knowledge about your child we are able to effectively work together to provide care, progress and consistency.
Ways we can work together
- Our ‘open door’ policy where you can talk to your child’s keyworker at any time
- Verbal handovers at the end of each session with your child’s keyworker
- 2 parents evenings per year
- Welcome week each month
- Monthly newsletters
- Homelink books – which we also use if your child attends another setting or carer
- Comment/observation slips
- Menu suggestions
- Newsflash emails
- Complete an “All about me form”
- Named Behaviour officer
- Named Special Needs Coordinator
- EYFS Co ordinater
- Keyworker system
- We can also offer valuable and professional advice on things such as toilet training, weaning and preparation for school.